Friday, August 22, 2008

Two month Vacation to Chi Town

Everyone keeps asking me if we have any trips planned, and I keep telling them that I am taking a vacation to Chicago. It would seem easy enough and pretty low key none of that pesky packing and flying. Well, it has been action packed, so much fun, and exhausting. Thanks to everyone that visited and went on vacation with me now I am so bored. To anyone that didn't visit you have ten months and since winters are so long you really only have 5 months so get it together we would love to have you and I miss the go go go.

So starting on June 26 we had our first visitors, Mom and Dad and then on August 13 we dropped of our last visitors, Johnny and Louise. In total we had 28 visitors. Here is a list of all the visitors in chronological order of arrival.
1-Mom and Dad
2-Meredith, Mike, Marissa, Annika, Connor, Bronson, and Zander
3-Karen, Ken, Jeremy, Austin, Morgan, and Eric
4-Matt, Emily, Rebekah, Kate, and Ben
5-Karen, Ken, Jeremy, Austin, Morgan, and Eric again
6-John the dad, Lindsay, Sam, and Meag
7-Mary and Nady
8-Darlene
9-Louise and Johnny

While everyone was here we were going none stop here is a list of all that we did.
1-Cubs Game
2-Outlets shopping
3-Aquarium
4-Greek town
5-Field Museum
6-Taste of Chicago
7-Millennium park Fountain
8-American Girl place-Lunch with the dolls (Girls)
9-Lego Store and Museum of Science and industry (Boys)
10-Six Flags
11-Picnic at the point
12-Swimming
13-Beach a couple of times with Emily's family
14-Millennium park Fountain again (Lucas's favorite)
15-Chicago Children's Museum
16-Architectural Boat tour
17-Museum of Science and Industry
18-The Dark Knight
19-Shopping Magnificent Mile
20-Wicked
21-Top of the Hancock tower
22- Architectural Boat tour again
23-Field Museum again
24-Magnificent Mile Shopping
25-Wrigley Field
26-Flea Market and Ikea
27-Antique Stores
28-Museum of Science and Industry
29-Cubs Game
30-Second City Comedy Club
31-White Sox Game

It may be more exhausting writing it than doing it. There are still probably a dozen things I would still like to do in the city. I am just waiting for more visitors. On top of all of this I went to about 20 different restaurants and there are still a ton I want to try. So needless to say it was busy. The first two days after everyone left I just laid on the couch and read. Here are some pictures of the first group of visitors. I will be posting in increments.



Silly Rebekah and Kate with crazy Uncle Ned

My sisters and I. Maybe not the greatest picture, but they are two of the greatest friends I could of asked for so I wanted to post this. I cried when they left. I miss you guys a ton.
This was the only way to get them to look at the camera. Morgan, Annika, Connor, Bronson, and Marissa
At the top of our apartment building. It is 37 stories high so it no Hancock building, but it is pretty exciting for a couple of kids from the burbs. Connor, Morgan, Annika, and Marissa
Play area at Six Flags. Austin was such a great help with Lucas. I am sad that I did not get any pictures of Lucas with Jeremy and Austin. Lucas pretty much followed them everywhere. He thinks they are the greatest which they are.

Bronson, Connor, Zander, Annika, and Morgan

Lucas and Ben. They did not really play together, but whenever they saw each other for the first time in a while they would smile so big and point at each other.

Picnic at the Point. Lukey and Dad.

All the kids. It was so much fun. Lucas loved having so many play friends.

The whole family. Wow we are getting old, but still gorgeous.

I think that we are in trouble when these three grow. Can you believe that Zander is seven months younger than the other two. Glad he can finally sit up. Lucas, Ben, and Zander.

Lucas loves a good slide.

Fountain at Millennium park one of his favorite things to do.

Cubs game with Mom and Dad. I wonder who we are cheering for.

At the Aquarium. Meredith, Zander in the Ergo, Connor, Bronson, Annika, Marissa, and Mike.
Aquarium. Me, Lucas, Annika, and Marissa

Lucas at the water park at six flags. He went down the slide to fast and I didn't catch him. He is not too happy. Sorry.



13 comments:

Jenny said...

what a summer!
how nice that you didn't have to pack for your "vacation," and that you didn't have to leave home but still to to see so many people. :)

bonitinha said...

I was such a fun trip! We miss you guys!

Larson Family said...

Wow, it looks like you had a great time. You've seen all of Chicago now!

Ann said...

Oh wow! It looks like you had so much fun, I really miss hanging out with all of you! I love your family, you are all still gorgeous!

Grandma Sally said...

Just talked to your dad and he told me to check your blog for a summary of your reunion. Sounds like you all had a blast. How neat for you all to be together before Karen left. It's fun for me to see how all the grandchildren are growing. Looks like they all love being together.
Thanks for the update.
Love ya,
Aunt Sally

Resch family said...

Wow you guys have been busy, we hope to make it up for Ned's graduation. I can't wait to see that little cutie Lucas. I love his curly hair.

Hoagland Family said...

I know you were busy with family but holy cow you really did a ton. Thanks for still finding time to hang out with Avery and I . We totally miss you guys and can't wait to see you in Dec.

Jamie said...

How can Lucas keep getting cuter? I just love that boy! And his curls... It's too much! I'm not for child exploitation... but that boy could win awards! Please let me take him when you come out! I really love him! I miss you guys! It's good to see your up and running again. Sorry about the virus. So glad your summer was a hit!
Take care and I'll call you later ~
Jamie

Summer said...

WOW it looks like you are having so much fun. I want to come and be a part of your list!! I am sure that it won't take much convincing for Mark!! I love all the pics Lucas is getting so big and so cute!!

Meredith said...

Packing and DRIVING, Melissa, packing and Driving . . .

Anonymous said...

I had so much in Chicago. Thanks Mel, Ned and Lucas for hosting me. Now you have to come to BR.

Gina said...

I can't believe you guys did all that stuff!! I knew you were busy, but I didn't know exactly HOW busy you are. It is no wonder you are such a trooper.

Anonymous said...

lucky uncle ned with little ones on his lap I bet his c--k is rock hard, I would have my hand up under her dress, between her legs feeling her tightpussy, feel her panties get damp and slip my hand inside to softly fuckher with my fingers