Christmas eve and day were really nice. My mom and dad drove up from Mobile, AL and it was so nice to have them. Since we just moved to Ann Arbor and don't know anyone I am so glad they came it would have been really lonely without them. On christmas eve we decorated a ginger bread house, had a yummy dinner thanks to my parents, read the Christmas story, opened one present (as a child I always wished my parents would let me open just one present so now my kids get to), and finally left cookies for Santa. Then Christmas morning we woke up late because Lucas is a late sleeper not because of me I would have woken him up at sunrise. First thing he noticed was the kitchen and then he started talking about how Santa Claus ate all of the cookies. I just love how much he believes in Santa Claus because when I was a child one of fondest memories of Christmas was one Christmas I kept getting out of bed and telling my parents to go to bed so Santa would come. I have always loved the magic of Christmas and I am glad Lucas does too.
This is his Sunday Christmas outfit and the only way I got him to wear it was telling him looked like Santa Claus in red.
Mom and Dad
Lucas getting the presents for us on Christmas morning.
My parents gave Lucas this shirt, which was very nice since they are U of U fans, and ever since then Lucas is always talking about "by U". Whenever we are driving around and he sees a University of Michigan Logo he calls it "by U"
In other news Lucas is all potty trained it happened around the holidays and we really got it done at the beginning on January. It was all his idea I did not want to potty train him I was happy changing his diaper. I actually left him in diapers for a few weeks even though he would not poo or pee in them just because I didn't want to deal with it. Anyway, I am very proud of him he has never had a poo accident and does a really great job holding it. I also signed him up for preschool next year so it looks like my toddler has turned into a preschooler, sad.







1 comment:
WHAT??? Potty trained??? Man, I'm not even going to compete here, but I am very jealous. I suggested to Matt that he potty train Ben before he goes back to work, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Well, maybe Lucas will have a good influence on Ben when you guys come visit.
Post a Comment