Having Penny around is so much fun, and she continues to be such a good baby. This month Penny started to smile which is so much fun when the babies start to interact. Penny started taking a bottle like a champ so on the weekends I was able to sleep through one feeding while Ned took care of her. This made me a happier mommy and wife. A couple of times while sleeping she laughed, it was so cute. I started back to work for a just a couple of nights a week and that has been really fun. Ned takes care of them while I work, and it has really helped him and Penny bond more since he has to do everything for her. At the end of the month she started cooing, and I cannot get enough of her talking to me it so much more fun than the talking I get from Lucas like "I am just.." when he gets in trouble.
Funny story: One day while I was cooking Penny started to cry and I could hear her on the baby monitor. Lucas was very concerned and kept talking about her crying. Dinner was almost done so I told him I would get her in a minute. Well, he told me he just wanted to check on her. I said okay, but do not pick her up since he had been picking her up off the floor lately. I continued to cook while I heard a more high pitched cry from her, and then the cry began to move. I quickly head toward the stairs where I found Lucas holding Penny in the middle of stairs. I was freaked out and he looked a little freaked out. I think mid stairs he was beginning to realize he was not strong enough to carry her down the stairs. Since then he has agreed to only pick her up with our help. I hope Penny lives through this first year.



7 comments:
How in the world did he get her out of the crib??? Maybe I don't want to know. lol It's hard to get mad when they are trying so hard to help.
She sure is beautiful! I can see a little of everyone in her. I'm getting baby hungry. Good thing too ;o)
Melissa! Your little Penny is adorable!! So is Lucas!!:) I am happy that you got a good baby. I bet you are loving girl clothes. (Our babies are only a day apart.)
she is so cute in her dress! i love it. lucas is hilarious. i hesitantly picture him holding penny on the stairs. the image makes me giggle and cringe at the same time. what a big brother! love, mary
She is beautiful!
Hi Melissa! Penny is *adorable* and I love her name btw. I love that story! Sweet Lucas. Penny sounds like such a good girl! I hope you guys are doing great! It's fun to catch up a little on you and your fam. PS I love The Hangover post below. ha ha, perfect. Take care,
Mindy
She's so cute! I'm trying to figure out who she is looking like...
sweet little mouth open wide, mmmmmmm swallow baby girl mommy can give u milk but only a man can give u best cream
Post a Comment