Monday, December 13, 2010

The biggest mistake of my life

For a while now I have wanted to cut Lucas's hair, but Ned didn't want to.  Ned finally came around, but then Lucas was not on board.  This Saturday everyone agreed it was time.  Well, it was not time we should not have done it.  Lucas loves it, but I miss his hair and he is made to have floppy long hair.  Lucas also has a huge cowlick that we had no idea about, and it is huge right on the crown of his head.  During his cut I had to sit down because I could not keep it together.  Anyway, here are the pictures:



7 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow, he's a totally different kid with short hair! It looks good, though. I like it. But I know I don't have the same sentimental attachment to his hair.

Don't worry, it'll grow back! That's what I tell myself any time I'm getting ready to do something drastic to my own hair. No harm in trying something new. If you don't like it, grow it back and don't do it again.

And hey, Lucas likes it at least. So it wasn't a total mistake. :)

katherine said...

I didn't even recognize him!!! I looked at that top photo before reading anything and said to myself, "Who's that?!?!" But it really is a cute cut on him. He looks SO grown up with it!

Natalie said...

I would never have recognized him either. And he did have such beautiful blond curls, but I have to say, he looks super cute with his hair cut, too. Lucas is going to be a handsome little boy no matter what.

Lisa said...

I know that feeling very well.

But look how handsom he is!

Melanie said...

I love his new haircut! I think he looks good both ways, but I really like it short, too. He does look grown up. Maybe you'll get more used to it over time, but as his mother I'm sure your attachment to his hair is pretty strong!

Darlene said...

It is really cute. He looks so grown up. That is probably why you don't like it, your little boy growing up. aww.

Robyn said...

Oh I have been there! Although my kids never had quite the long locks that Lucas had. He is darling with or without the curls. And really, I have found that "mistake" haircuts for my kids grow on me after a few weeks. It just takes some serious self talk. Take heart!