Monday, June 2, 2008

Lucas Turning One

On April 28, 2007 Lucas Ned was born he was 7 lbs and 19 1/2 inches long.  The day he was born we did not expect to have him.  That morning I went to work, then Ned's graduation lunch, and then on the way to Ned's graduation I received a call from my doctor telling me we needed to go in and be induced.  I was so scared I spent all of Ned's graduation crying because I did not feel ready.  We went into the hospital at about 9pm and then at 2:18am Lucas was born.   He had light hair that was curly and it was matted to his head.  After his bath when I finally got to see him again the nurses had styled a faux hawk in his hair.  He was so cute.
 Ned and I at his graduation
Lucas right after he was all cleaned up
Right after he was born.  He was even cute then.

Here he is with his faux hawk

The night we came home from the hospital I was so scared.
Our first night home and I think this probably the only time he slept that night.

He was just 4 days old and he is so little.

I can't believe that we have been together for a year.  On his birthday I was actually really sad that a year had already passed.  We spent the whole day doing whatever he wanted.  He ate bananas all day long, I let him climb on whatever he wanted, and he got to take a long bath (his favorite).  We had some friends over and I am afraid I was a pretty bad hostess because I was just a little sad.  The party was a baseball theme and I tried to make cupcakes which could have used some work but at least they tasted good.  We gave Lucas a cupcake and blew out his candle and then he just sat there looking at it.  Which is a little weird since eating cupcakes is not a new thing for him.  Anyway he suddenly stuck his hand through the middle picked it up and took a bite.  He played with his friends and ate what ever he wanted.   He thought it was so cool to have so many little guys there to play with.  I think he had a really fun day.
The cupcakes
Lucas and his cupcake. Notice his special bib it says his first birthday.
I think he may have been a little overwhelmed because he usually goes crazy for sugar.
He barely even touched his cupcake at first
Finally.  Typical Lucas doing things on his terms
Lucas's buddy, Finn, helping him finish his cake and ice cream
I think he had a fun time
Lucas's buddy Simon
Finn playing with tongs.  I guess these little guys found the utensil drawer
Lucas opening presents with his buddy Rebekah 

Happy Birthday Lucas we love you!!

13 comments:

Summer said...

I can't believe how big he is getting. He is so cute. Happy Birthday Lucas!! We miss you.

Jamie said...

I miss my little buddy!!!
You ALL look happy and wonderful ~

em kawasaki said...

Wow, looks like a raging party! Sorry we missed it. The cupcakes look great though!

Grandma Sally said...

What a sweet one year old! So much has happened in that one year.
You've had so many new adventures. Hope his second year will a great one for all of you.
I love seeing Lucas and reading about him.
Love,
Aunt Sally

Lindsay Sprague said...

Happy Birthday Lucas!! What a sweet little guy, I love Birthdays, they are so much fun!! looks like he had a great time. Whats with the facial hair ned, looks good on you!
love you guys
linds

Jenny said...

happy birthday lucas! what a darling boy! i'm glad he had a good day. :)

Erin said...

Happy Birthday to the li'l munchkin! So very cute!

Unknown said...

I can't believe we missed the party! I am such a space cadet! Anyway, cute pics and you look amazing pregnant...I guess you will just have to do it again! Love ya!

Resch family said...

What a fun day! I can't believe he's already one. I hope I get to see him again before he's too big or we may not recognize him. Congratulations Ned! What a huge milestone! love you guys. Darlene

Jamie said...

I have to share... Liv and Alyssa have been talking on the phone for 30 minutes, saying goofy things about Ned. Example: "Ned is a banana pants" or "Ned is a flower girl" or "Ned is a monkey" or even my fav "Ned is a stinky bum". (then they just starting saying things around the house) "Ned is a fork" :)
They love you Nedra ~
Jamie

Erin said...

Time goes by way too fast with them. It looks like he had a great first birthday party. Nate also didn't get into his cupcake and, unlike Lucas, never got into it. It was a bit of a bummer cause I really wanted the classic "chocolate frosting and cake all over the place" first birthday pic.

LuAnn said...

So cute! Sorry Simon helped Finn empty the utensil drawer. But that's what friends are for. Lucas did a great job with his cake!

Resch family said...

Okay so I'm a little slow....I was wondering why nobody else was commenting on your graduation so I asked Aaron what you were going to do now. So I guess you are half way done so that is still a huge milestone. Duh, Darlene!