Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lucas turns 2!!

About a month ago Lucas turned two. Ned and I were of course sad that he is growing up, but we are really loving this age so I have to just enjoy the moment. The day was a lot of fun we went to the Gymboree play time with a friend, then after Ned got home from school we took him to Chuck E Cheese, and then we took him to Toys'R Us to get his present. Lucas loved Chuck E Cheese and could not believe his eyes when he saw a gigantic mouse and bear singing he just stared. He also enjoyed a bob the builder ride which he went on over and over again. He got to have pizza his favorite. I also made him an elmo cake and that was probably the highlight for him, two of his favorite things put together in one. It was all around a success however we stayed out too late which then caused the following reaction.

Notice the name tag he is wearing. He received that morning at gymboree play and insisted on wearing it for nap then saving it and putting it back on when we got home.





on the bob the builder ride

Finally ready to enjoy his cake

Here is a lengthy video of him blowing out his candles. You should be warned I sound pretty annoying in it, but Lucas is cute so this is for his fans.







16 comments:

Lindsay Sprague said...

Oh my gosh that is hysterical!!! he is so sweet! wow what a big boy, i love the 2nd year, it's great! i miss you guys, hope you are doing great, give lucas a big love from us! love you all!

Erin said...

Haha! Man, that is one freaking cute little boy. I love the reaction!
I'm so glad you have updated your blog. It's always nice to see the 'happs' of the Resch family. Love you guys!
Happy Birthday, Lucas!

Lisa said...

Hannah was blowing with him and telling him Happy Birthday while watching the video.

That was so cute how he wanted to keep blowing it out.

bonitinha said...

Ben LOVED watching that! Over and over and over... blowing right with Lucas (or Lewis, as he calls him) and cheering when he gets it, and shouting "Watch!" right when it gets to the good part. I like it when Lucas tries to blow hard and spits all over everything. Nice! Happy Bday!

Katie said...

That is the coolest Elmo cake I've ever seen. Will you make me one for my birthday? Eric and I watched those videos and we laughed the whole time. We love Lucas!

Darlene said...

I am a Lucas fan and thoroughly enjoyed the video! He is so cute!!! and I love the Ned solo.

meggan said...

How much do I love him screaming during the birthday song? Granted, screaming is funny to me because I'm not around it all the time, but still...loved both the videos. Can't believe your little man is two already!

Jamie said...

i've been waiting for some more lucas, and to see him 'live' was a treat! what a gommer! you know how much i love that kid!!! i can't stand that he is two. it will be hard to hold him like i use to and rock him... but don't think i still won't!
you did an awesome job on that cake! wow!!!
tell nedra good luck! what a happy day to have a grad!!!

Summer said...

CUTE!!! Miss that little guy well and you two as well. Love ya - Summer

Erin said...

I love the cake pictures! Elmo looks awesome and Lucas is adorable. Happy Birthday to him!

Hoagland Family said...

Happy Birthday Luc!!

mary said...

I JUST LOVE IT!!!! lucas is sooo cute. he was so happy it made him cry. the elmo cake is spectacular! wow, what talent! miss you. love, mary

Amanda P said...

Well, the Popes are definitely Lucas fans. Mike and I both watched the videos and just laughed and laughed. Happy Birthday Lucas!

Lorraine said...

Seriously, how is Lucas the cutest child EVER!!??

Meredith said...

I laughed and laughed. Zander came in half way through the videos and clapped and cheered every time. And now is insisting I play it again. Lucas is adorable, the cake is great, and I didn't find you annoying at all!

mindy said...

Hey we miss you guys! Melissa the Elmo cake is very impressive--did you frost that yourself?! And Lucas could not be cuter :) Hope you guys are doing great!