Friday, August 13, 2010

Penelope Ruth

Introducing Penelope Ruth we will be calling her Penny.  
She arrived August 4, was 6 lbs 10 oz, and 18 3/4 inches long 
This is the best picture we got right after birth.
How cute is she holding her binky.


Going home from the hospital in her cute outfit picked out by Mimi.
Right after we arrived home from the hospital.  That little trumpet Lucas picked out to give to Penny as a gift.  Anytime I put her down I find her with that trumpet.  Lucas gave her a little too much love on her head.
Lucas was eating Life cereal and told me he shared with Penny.  I found her just like this with cereal in her hand.  I snapped this picture just before she started to put in her mouth.  Glad he told me about his sharing.
This picture is for Grandma Bale-Thanks for the darling outfit.
I thought this headband was too cute.
Penny is seriously the best baby ever.  She only cries for a minute and only when she is hungry.  I will feed her and put her down until the next feeding and she does not say a word.  Nights have been pretty good considering she just eats and then goes back down to sleep.  She even goes 5 hours sometimes.  I am pretty sure Heavenly Father knew I needed her to be easy.  I am very blessed.
no blog is complete without this cute face
Lucas has had mixed emotions about her when he first saw her and held her in the hospital he started sing rock a bye baby it was too cute.  Then when we got home from the hospital he just ignored her.  The next day I was pointing out that my belly was gone and the baby was out, and this was the first time he noticed and realized that the baby over there was the one we had been talking about for months.  So, just a few hours later he was having a fit and he declared that mommy should take the baby back to the doctor and have him put the baby back in.  Seems like a simple solution to a big problem.  He and I played for a little bit and that seemed to do the trick and he has been nothing but loving to her since then.  He has a freak out a day, but lets be honest I do to.  Lucas is also a little concerned about the belly button.  The first time he saw it was in the doctors office and he started yelling "What happened to his penis!" over and over again.  I tried to explain it but he is still really grossed out by it.  He is also quite interested in the breast feeding, and is really grossed out by the milk when I pump.  His milk is normal and Penny's is gross and smells funny, at least that is what he tells me.  It is fun to see him with her and I am sure he cannot wait until she is bigger because any time she is awake he gets so excited.

18 comments:

Jenny said...

Congratulations Melissa! What a beautiful baby girl; and I love love love her name! Lucas is looking so grown up. Have fun with your adorable family.

Melissa said...

So cute!! I love the name! I'm glad she's doing so well. We miss you guys. Just the other day the boys were playing and out of the blue Austin said, "I'm Lucas" so they started playing Lucas and they would take turns being him.

Bayra said...

Millions and millions of Congratulations! Absolutely the best name ever. Garrett really wants to have a baby girl named Penelope. You guys beat him to it. She is beautiful and I am very happy that she is an angel to you! Easy babies are the best! Take care of yourself!

Shanicherie said...

So happy for you Melissa! She's gorgeous and so teeny! Hope your recovery went well!

Danielle said...

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear you guys are doing well. How fun. I love that story about Lucas and Penny's umbilical cord. Reading it again just now makes me laugh. So funny!

RecipeNut said...

Melissa, Congratulations! She is so beautiful!! I hope all is going well with you and your cute little family and that you're getting enough rest :)

Jamie said...

I love her already!!! I get a kick out of Lucas and his views on breast milk and anatomy :o)
Love the pic of Ned and Penny, it melted my heart to see him holding his little girl. You have a beautiful family!
It was good talking to you the other day, you sound great and I'm glad Penny is going easy on you! Now pray that my baby will have some compassion on it's mom too! lol
Love you guys

acandiedapple said...

Congratulations! I LOVE the name Penelope nn. Penny. She's beautiful and I'm glad she's easy.

I also love the umbilical cord story. Priceless.

I can't believe how long your hair is. It's really pretty. Miss you.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful. I'm glad she has been an easy baby and I hope everyone is doing well.

Katie said...

She is so sweet. I love the picture with the white headband with flowers. Your hair is so long! I continue to be proud of you for not having an epidural. Lucas is the cutest. Can't wait to hold her! Oh and I love how Lucas wanted to make her laugh like Blake's sister.

Julie said...

Congratulations Melis! Penny is beautiful. Hope you are feeling well. Love you!

Elise said...

Congrats! What an adorable name! And what? No epidural? You are super woman!

Erin said...

The pictures are really adorable. I love her name! Seriously. You and Ned make cute kids. I think I always knew you would all those years ago! Glad she is being so easy for you right now. Miss you and so happy for your new addition. Mwah!

mary h said...

oh mel, she is soooo darling. i just want to squeeze her. keep the blog updated with LOTS of pics!

Robyn said...

Congratulations! She is darling! I'm so glad she's been easy on you. And you look just beautiful in your "hospital bed new family" shot. I'm excited for you guys and hope things keep going so well. This post made me realize how much I miss you! Perhaps we can meet at Katie's house this winter...

Take care and congratulations!

Grandma Sally said...

What a beautiful baby! We're glad that she is here safely and is such a good baby and that you are doing so well. Love ya!

Darlene said...

So happy for you guys. mel--you look about 12 years old in your post birth pic. And lucas looks just like you.
hope to see you soon!

Lorraine said...

Congrats, Melissa! She is beautiful. What a cute name.