Lucas has been very busy these past few weeks. On November 28 we took him to the doctor for his 6 month appointment. At the appointment he weighed 12 lbs 13 oz and was so little he was off the charts. His length was 25 1/2 inches which is in the 25th percentile, and his head size was 43 cm in the 50th percentile. The doctor also heard a heart murmur which made her concerned because of his size; she thought it may be the reason behind him burning so many calories. So, she recomended that we go to a cardiologist to check out his heart, and then move forward to figure out other reasons behind his small size. So we took him to the cardiologist and he was such a good boy. They did an EKG and an ultrasound and he just laid there while they dug into his tummy watching Frosty the Snowman without a complaint. The results were great. They said he had a very healthy heart which was a relief. Since then we found out that his femur is 16% of his body wieght so if you do the math that is 2 lbs. Knowing that I am not as worried about his size because that would make him 14 lbs 13 oz which would be on the chart.

Lucas has also started sitting up all on his own. I think that his little leg may help get him into the sitting position because he sweeps his little leg under him to sit up and it is so cute. I also saw him try to pull himself into the standing position, but he fell right over. He now has two teeth coming in on the bottom/middle. Also, he now drinks formula during the day and is able to hold the bottle all by himself. It looks so cute because his fingers are so short and chubby! He is pretty much self sufficient he does not need any of our help. It has been a pretty hard few weeks watching him grow out of his newborn stage. I have to admit I have been thinking when we are going to have our next one. I never thought I would miss the newborn stage. Lucas is even been helping me wrap christmas presents. What will be next?
7 comments:
hurray for a healthy heart! what great news! he is soooo stinking adorable. what a big boy. ruby turned one yesterday. sign. she's so grown up. ;) so glad you have a blog. i love to see how lucas is growing. he's such a handsome little guy. and i bet he's sooo excited for his new cousin to be born. :)
Yep, he sounds self sufficient. Now you can just leave him at home by himself.
HA HA HA HA HA! Thinking about having another one eh? I remember you actually saying you disliked newborn babies! I mean, who hates NEWBORN BABIES?! Well I hope you guys move back here before too long. I will be just sick if I miss out on anymore olsen-resch babies. And tell Ned he better be in charge of the birth control or he will have no control.
That is great news Melissa! I am glad to hear that he is doing so well. Can't wait to hear when you will be prego, make sure to call :)
I was thinking the same thing... where did your newborn go? When we got your package w/the Christmas card in it, my heart broke that I didn't know that little boy anymore. He's getting some 'Ned' in him. A good mix of you both. I'm glad to hear you report good news on Lucas. We sure love him.
Merry Christmas ~
(did you see your de'bu on my blog?)
I'm so jealous that Lucas still takes a pacifier!!! I'm glad to know he's healthy and doing so much cute stuff. Can't wait to see him... and all of you... next week!!!
I am glad that he is healthy, there is nothing so scary as thinking something bad might be wrong with your child! I just can't get over how beautiful he is! So what am I, chopped liver, not good enough to be on the favorite blogs!!! mattlindsaysprague.blogspot.com
so now you don't have an excuse!!
love you all!
lindsay
Hey Melissa & Ned. Lucas is so adorable. We're glad to hear that he is doing well. I know just how you feel about the "newborn stage" going by too quickly. Just wait until he starts kindergarten, you'll have flashbacks to the day he was born, it's sad. Can't wait to see him again and you too!!! Darlene & Aaron.
Post a Comment