Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Providence Children's Museum

Today we decided it was time to get to know Providence so we ventured out to the children's museum.  When we got there Lucas was going crazy talking a mile a minute about everything we saw.  I found that funny because this museum is no comparison to Chicago and even Ann Arbor's was better, but it was plenty to do for a couple of hours.  On the way home I asked him what was his favorite part of the museum and he told me it was the stories.  In the museum they had little rooms that portrayed a specific year in Rhode Island's history.  He absolutely loved them he acted out each room, and they had little cardboard people that had a button you could push and it would tell the story of that person. I personally found these rooms to be pretty boring.  It was a fun day and it was great to see Lucas so excited.
This is how Penny spent most of the day, in the stroller.
Lucas kept telling me this is his cow so he needed a picture.
Yes this a gigantic women that is a chair.  Her name is Estrella and she was donated to the museum.  A little weird.
In this room we came in and some other kids has thrown all of the food and plates on the floor.  When Lucas walked in he said, "Oh no, who made this mess in my room I better clean it up."  I wish he felt that way at home.  This is the feast he prepared for us.
He called this the ladybug house.  He is on the right the second row up, and this is the highest he climbed.
Lucas loved his fox tail 

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Your kids are brave to sit in that chair. I might have nightmares tonight. lol
So John and I are seriously planning a trip out to see you. All depending on what happens with his job, our plan is to visit RI and NE. We'll keep you posted.
Love all the posts! Cade could sit here all day and look at your blog. He thinks Lucas is hilarious and REALLY wants to play with him. ((((cute kids!!!)))

Carolyn said...

The only Children's Museum my kids ever went to was the one in Boston when we visited Joanne while she lived in the area. Since you are close, you might try it sometime. I'd be interested to hear how it compares to others you've visited.