Friday, October 31, 2008

Fun on the farm

A couple of weeks ago we were able to go to a apple orchard/pumpkin patch with a bunch of friends. There was so much to do that we stayed way longer than we should have. We all had a ton of fun. Lucas was constantly asking me "what is that?" once I told him he needed to know the next thing. Ned got to climb trees, and I got to eat some of the yummiest pumpkin donuts (which I usually do not like donuts). To make the day even better gas was dollar cheaper than here in Chicago and there was a Taco Bell on the way home. All in all a fun day.
Lucas walking around in the kid sized corn (barrel) maze

In the actual corn maze. Every time he saw a piece of corn on the ground he stopped to stare and ask me "what's that?"

Walking around in the real corn maze. It was muddy and tons of puddles which he insisted on stomping in every single one.
Lucas and Simon waiting for the their turn on the moo choo train

LuAnn and Simon on the Moo Choo trained. Look how scared Simon looks. Poor Guy.
Lucas on the train

There was a little kids play area so Lucas got to ride his own tractor
Lucas and Ned looking at the cows
Lucas feeding the goats which he loved. Every time he finished feeding them he would lick his hands. Oh so Gross!

Lucas and Daddy finding the perfect apple

We were able to pick apples and Lucas found one that he loved and would not let go he just kept gnawing on it.


Here we are with our apples. I am not sure why I am holding the bag of apples since I did not pick even one. I think that I am still traumatized by the apple tree we had in our backyard in Utah. We never picked them. We just waited till they fell on the ground and then we had to clean up all the rotten apples that were in our yard.

Some of Lucas's little buddies: Lucas, Bennett, Simon, and Aston. Not pictured was Reese and Hunter. This is the only pic I got with more than two kids sorry.
Lucas loving his pumpkins while still holding on to his apple.
Mmmm....

Lucas loved looking at all the pumpkins in the patch. As he is pointing he is saying"Oh, what's that?"

Driving a bigger tractor



Here's the group Us, Olivers, Strongs, Parishs(minus Saerome taking the picture). We are missing the Clives and the Crews who had already gone home.
We stayed too long. He fell asleep in the amount of time it took us to walk to the car.

10 comments:

Jamie said...

i can't pick my favorite picture, they are all darling... however i do really love the one of you and him on the Moo Choo, and lucas leaning on the pumpkin holding that darn apple, SO cute! that kid's hair is the best! it could win awards!
so days really until we can all see you!!! can't wait!
love jamie
p.s taco bell on the way home always makes the perfect ending to a day!

bonitinha said...

Oh I'm so jealous of so many things in this post! What a fun day.. that place looks like so much fun! I can't believe Lucas is saying "What's that?" We just barely taught Ben to say Uh-oh which he should have learned like 5 months ago! What a fun time! I can't wait to see you guys sooooon!

Gina said...

Wow, Love all the pictures! That was a fun day! We have to do it next year, too! Lucas is such a babe. It looks like the moo-choo train was fun!

Jamie said...

in the 2nd to last picture, is the guy standing behind you and ned with the group? i don't know why this is making me laugh so hard?

em kawasaki said...

What?! You normally don't like donuts?!!!! How can that be? The rest of the blog was lost on me because I couldn't get past that confession. It's deep fried bread coated in sugary goodness, how can you not like that?

Lucas just keeps getting cuter, and I like your hair.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Emily. How could you not like donuts? I stopped at the Krispy Kreme on the way to Nashville because that "Hot Donuts Now" sign always gets me. Yum! So good!
Anyway Lucas is the cutest. Always enjoy the blogs!

Resch family said...

Ned, all your friends look like complete zoobies. I could pick them out from a mile away! Your beard sets you apart, but you are still a zoobie...enjoy your last few quarters with all those tree-hugging socialist at UofC. See you soon...bring Halo!

Aaron

Erin said...

Hey, guys! You all look so good! Tell Ned that Robert and I look forward to another facial hair post!

Summer said...

I love all the pictures. It looks like you guys are doing great. Lucas is so freakin' cute!! I can't wait to see him well and you two as well!!

Resch family said...

What an adorable family. I can't wait to hold Lucas!